This track provides access to 20 challenging micro:bit tutorials. In these tutorials you will work with your child to design interactive games and interactive circuits using the bbc:microbit. You will also build the knowledge gained coding with Scratch including fundamentals of block based programming using the micro:bit.
This is an advanced micro:bit coding track. We would highly recommend that you complete the following tracks before you start off with this track.
- Introduction to coding concepts with Scratch I
- Introduction to coding concepts with Scratch II
- Exploring Coding Concepts Using the BBC micro:bit I
- Exploring Coding Concepts Using the BBC micro:bit II
- Exploring Coding Concepts Using the BBC micro:bit III
- This tutorial makes use of the BBC micro:bit. If you haven’t purchased a BBC micro:bit yet you might want to head over and pick one up now.
- We would recommend that you pick up the BBC micro:bit, BBC micro:bit breakout board and a breadboard.
- The BBC micro:bit breakout board and breadboard makes working with the BBC micro:bit a lot easier.
- We will be using the official BBC Makecode Block editor to write code for all our tutorials.
About BBC micro:bit
You can read more about the BBC micro:bit at the microbit website. Also see Kitronik’s resources here – Parents Complete Guide To The BBC micro:bit.