Lesson 0 – Basics Of Electronics
Basics of Electronics –
- The videos on this page are meant to introduce you to some of the fundamentals of electronics
- We would recommend that you spend sometime listening to the videos listed on this page before you proceed to the next tutorial.
This development track requires an investment a bit of hardware. See below for details –
- You will need to download and install the Arduino development IDE or the mixly block based graphical programming interface. The approach to installation, configuration, setup of the Arduino IDE is covered in our tutorials.
- The mixly block based graphical programming interface will allow you to work through the tutorials in the learning track and write the code using a block based graphical programming interface.
- You will need to purchase the Easy Plug Starter Learning Kit for Arduino from OzToyLib. The Arduino Advent kit has all the sensors you need to perform the tutorials covered in this development track.
- This kit ships with an Arduino Uno. You should be able to perform each of the tutorials in this track using the Arduino board included in the package.
- You can also purchase additional Arduino boards i.e. Arduino Mega 2560 from OzToyLib.
The Easy Plug Starter Learning Kit for the Arduino kit has all the sensors you need to perform the tutorials covered in this development track.
About the Easy Plug Super Learning Kit for Arduino –
The Easy Plug Starter Learning Kit for the Arduino comes packed with ~30+ different electronic bits (Sensors, LEDs, switches, LCD, servo, etc.) including tutorials to get started. The Easy Plug Starter Learning Kit comes with specially designed easy to use sensors including an easy to use Arduino board. Both the sensors and the Arduino board are design for eas of use eliminating the need to work out how to connect the sensors to the board and get the circuit right. The RJ11 connectors on board the sensors and the Arduino board are meant to simplify construction of the circuit, reducing the potential for connection errors allowing you to focus on design of the code. The Easy Plug Starter kit for the Arduino is especially suited to someone who is just starting out with electronics or the Arduino or even someone who doesn’t necessarily have the expertise available locally to help out with connections. We would recommend this kit to both kids and adults getting started with the STEM learning journey with a focus on electronics and Arduino.
The Arduino advanced study kit walks you through the basics of using the Arduino in a hands-on way. You’ll learn the fundamentals of electronics and working on the Arduino through building several creative projects. The kit includes a selection of the most common and useful electronic components with a book of 22 projects. Starting the basics of electronics, to more complex projects, the kit will get you interacting with the physical world using sensor and actuators. Along with the kit you get access to detailed tutorials and wiring diagrams.
You can purchase the Easy Plug Starter Learning Kit for Arduino from OzToyLib.