Lesson 0 – Setting up the mBot
- In this tutorial we will focus on setting up the mBot for use with our preferred coding software.
- Let’s get started with the setup process –
- Download your preferred software to work with the mBot. See Reference section below.
- Installing drivers for your mBot and connecting up with the mBot
- Connecting to your mBot using Bluetooth or 2.4Ghz
- Coding options – Use the mBlock IDE or code in C (Arduino mode)
- Clicking on the each of the above links will open them up a new window.
- Once you’ve connected to the mBot using your preferring coding solution (mBlock on PC or mBlockly app on the tablet) you are ready to move onto the next tutorial.
Here are the list of prerequisites for working on the Makeblock mBot robotics development track.
- This robotics development track makes extensive use of the Makeblock mBot. Head over to OzToyLib and pick-up a Makeblock mBot.
- You will need to download and install the Makeblock mBlock code editor for your laptop/computer.
- The mBlock code editor supports block based coding, coding in the C++ (Arduino) language including Python.
- Once you’ve obtained the Makeblock mBot and installed the mBlock code editor for your laptop/computer you are ready to proceed with the tutorials.
- MakeBlock also offers applications for use on your tablet / hand held device. Options for the Andriod / iPad include – mBlockly or MakeBlock HD. See the Makeblock mBlock link for additional details.