Lesson 1 – Introduction to the BBC micro:bit
Study Videos –
- Before we get started with coding in using the micro:bit let’s take sometime to learn about the micro:bit and what one might be able to do with it.
- The following articles will help you understand the absolute fundamentals of the BBC micro:bit.
- Clicking on the each of the links above opens them up in a new window.
- What is the BBC micro:bit
- The five minute BBC micro:bit guide
- A parents complete guide to the BBC micro:bit
- A detailed introduction to the BBC micro:bit
- Options for powering up the BBC micro:bit
- Transferring a program onto the BBC micro:bit
- Using the Microsoft makecode editor to start writing code on the BBC micro:bit
- We would recommend that you spend sometime listening to the videos listed on this page and also read through the documentation linked above.
- An understanding of what the BBC micro:bit can do combined with howto power-up and code the BBC micro:bit is essential knowledge to be able to continue working on rest of the tutorials in this development track.
- You will need a Smart Car STEM Education Robot. You can pick one up from OzToyLib.
- This tutorial makes extensive use of the BBC micro:bit. The BBC micro:bit is embedded into the robot and is to be programmed to get the robot perform different tasks.
- If you haven’t purchased a BBC micro:bit yet you might want to head over and pick one up now.
- We would recommend that you pick up the BBC micro:bit, BBC micro:bit breakout board and a breadboard.
- The BBC micro:bit breakout board and breadboard makes working with the BBC micro:bit a lot easier.
- We will be using the official BBC Makecode Block editor to write code for all our tutorials.
About the Smart Car STEM Education Robot –
The micro:bit Smart Car STEM Education Robot is really easy to assemble and can be put together in less than 30 minutes. You can use the micro:bit Smart Car STEM Education Robot to introduce you child to the world of STEM and get them going with coding introducing them to the world of robotics using the micro:bit. The micro:bit Smart Car STEM Education Robot is a great way to get started with the basics of coding and robotics using a flexible, affordable and easy to work with robotic platform.
About BBC micro:bit –
This development track makes extensive use of the BBC micro:bit. If you haven’t purchased a BBC micro:bit yet you might want to head over to OzToyLib and pick one up now.