Lesson 1 – What Is the BBC micro:bit
Study Videos –
- Before we get started with coding in using the micro:bit let’s take sometime to learn about the micro:bit and what one might be able to do with it.
- The following articles will help you understand the absolute fundamentals of the BBC micro:bit.
- Clicking on the each of the links above opens them up in a new window.
- What is the BBC micro:bit
- The five minute BBC micro:bit guide
- A parents complete guide to the BBC micro:bit
- A detailed introduction to the BBC micro:bit
- Options for powering up the BBC micro:bit
- Transferring a program onto the BBC micro:bit
- Using the Microsoft makecode editor to start writing code on the BBC micro:bit
- We would recommend that you spend sometime listening to the videos listed on this page and also read through the documentation linked above.
- An understanding of what the BBC micro:bit can do combined with howto power-up and code the BBC micro:bit is essential knowledge to be able to continue working on rest of the tutorials in this development track.
- BBC micro:bit –
- This development track makes extensive use of the BBC micro:bit.
- If you haven’t purchased a BBC micro:bit yet you might want to head over to OzToyLib and pick one up now.
- We would recommend that you pick up the BBC micro:bit kit which comes with a battery pack, usb cable and the real micro:bit.
- We will be using the official online python editor to write code for all our tutorials. No investment required here.
- Motor:Bit STEM Education Robot –
- You can also look up each of these products at your local electronics hobby store.
About the Motor:Bit STEM Education Robot –
The Motor:bit STEM education robot is a DIY (Do It Yourself) robot based on the highly popular BBC micro:bit. The Motor:bit STEM education robot is designed to get kids introduced to the world of coding, electronics and robotics. The Motor:bit STEM education robot is recommended for kids 12+ years and older. The Motor:bit STEM education robot is designed from ground up to be an easy to easy to work with, easy to assemble robot and simply built with the aim of giving educators, parents and kids a great opportunity to get a taste of robotics, electronics and coding.
About BBC micro:bit –