Lesson 11 – Lets Dance
Study Videos –
- Your next tutorial of this series is going to be, “Lets Dance”
- As part of this tutorial we will build an interactive scene where your characters on screen dance and possibly even sing. .
- In this tutorial you will write code and get the characters to make different moves to seem like they are dancing.
- You will be introduced to the concept of changing multiple character costumes during a scene using code.
- You will also have the choice of introducing additional characters so that we have multiple people dancing on the stage at the same time.
- You will have the ability to choose your own characters, choose a suitable background for stage, play music of your choice and any other customization that you think you want to put in.
- Click here to access the tutorial – <Link>. Let’s get coding!!!!
- Clicking on the link opens up a new window.
- With the window now open you should see the tutorial as a column at the right hand side of the screen.
- Once you are done implementing the game why not try out some additional challenges. Here are some ideas –
- Let’s change the musical tune and introduce additional music tunes during the game. Try cycling through 2-3 different musical tunes.
- Write code so that your dancers are saying things during the game e.g. “Check out this move”, “How about that”, etc.
- Try changing the background to suggest game over when the the game has come to an end.
- Speak with the other kids in class and ask them for ideas on what else we might implement to challenge ourselves.
- Scratch getting started guide – <Link>