Lesson 11 – Rolling the Dice
Study Videos –
- As part of this tutorial we will work on validating the assembly of Tobbie II the robot.
- We will be using the MakeCode editor for purposes of programming. Head over to the MakeCode website – <Link>
- Once you have the MakeCode editor open you will need to add the “Tobbie II” micro:bit extension. See documentation here. – <Link>
- Click here to access the tutorial – <Tutorial Link> and download the code here – <Hex File> (Import using MakeCode)
Hardware Prerequisites –
- BBC micro:bit –
- This development track makes extensive use of the BBC micro:bit.
- If you haven’t purchased a BBC micro:bit yet you might want to head over to OzToyLib and pick one up now.
- We would recommend that you pick up the BBC micro:bit kit which comes with a battery pack, usb cable and the real micro:bit.
- We will be using the official online python editor to write code for all our tutorials. No investment required here.
- Wearable Kit –
- You will need a Tobbie II robot for BBC micro:bit.
- You can pick one up from OzToyLib.
- You can also look up each of these products at your local electronics hobby store.
About Tobie II Robot –
About BBC micro:bit –
This development track makes extensive use of the BBC micro:bit. If you haven’t purchased a BBC micro:bit yet you might want to head over to OzToyLib and pick one up now.