Lesson 14 – Advent Calendar
Booting up the Raspberry Pi
- Let’s get started and boot up the Raspberry Pi.
- Grab a good quality USB cable and a USB power adaptor (2.5A).
- Plug one end of the USB cable into the plug and the other microUSB end into the Raspberry Pi.
- This should now power up the Raspberry Pi.
- Once the Raspberry Pi has booted up, please ensure that it is able to connect it to the network so that you can access it over VNC.
- If you are using a local monitor connected to the Raspberry Pi, you are all sorted.
- Else get connected to the Raspberry Pi using VNC.
- Our next tutorial is called, “Advent Calendar”.
- Start the count down to Christmas with your Sense HAT.
- Your digital advent calendar will display a new image each day between 1 and 24 December.
- Click on the following link to access the tutorial – Advent Calendar
- Clicking on the each of the links above opens them up in a new window
- This development track is based on the Raspberry Pi 3 and the Raspberry Pi SenseHAT add on board.
- If you haven’t purchased the Raspberry Pi 3 yet please head over to OzToyLib and purchase one now.
- You will need access to both the Raspberry Pi 3 including the Raspberry Pi SenseHAT add on board to be able to work on these tutorials.
- Depending on where you live you might also be able to pick up the Raspberry Pi 3 and the Raspberry Pi SenseHAT add on board at your local electronics hobby store.
- You can read more about the Raspberry Pi here – RaspberryPi.org.