Lesson 2.1 – Exploring the motor:bit mainboard
- Your next tutorial of this series is going to be, “Exploring the motor:bit mainboard”.
- As part of this tutorial we will explore the motor:bit mainboard in more detail, learn about it’s capabilities and test out some of its important features.
- Click here to access the tutorial – <Tutorial @ OzToyLib.com.au>.
- Let’s get making!!!! Clicking on the link opens up a new window.
- An understanding of what the BBC micro:bit, powering up the BBC micro:bit and coding the BBC micro:bit is essential knowledge to be able to continue working on rest of the tutorials in this development track.
- If you’ve skipped Tutorial 1 in this series we would recommend you go back and watch Tutorial 1 before proceeding.
- BBC micro:bit –
- This development track makes extensive use of the BBC micro:bit.
- If you haven’t purchased a BBC micro:bit yet you might want to head over to OzToyLib and pick one up now.
- We would recommend that you pick up the BBC micro:bit kit which comes with a battery pack, usb cable and the real micro:bit.
- We will be using the official online python editor to write code for all our tutorials. No investment required here.
- Motor:Bit STEM Education Robot –
- You can purchase the Motor:Bit STEM Education Robot through the OzToyLib store – Motor:Bit STEM Education Robot
- Please note that the BBC micro:bit needs to be purchased separately from the Motor:Bit STEM Education Robot
- You can purchase the Motor:Bit STEM Education Robot at OzToyLib.
- You can also look up each of these products at your local electronics hobby store.
About the Motor:Bit STEM Education Robot –
The Motor:bit STEM education robot is a DIY (Do It Yourself) robot based on the highly popular BBC micro:bit. The Motor:bit STEM education robot is designed to get kids introduced to the world of coding, electronics and robotics. The Motor:bit STEM education robot is recommended for kids 12+ years and older. The Motor:bit STEM education robot is designed from ground up to be an easy to easy to work with, easy to assemble robot and simply built with the aim of giving educators, parents and kids a great opportunity to get a taste of robotics, electronics and coding.
About BBC micro:bit –
You can read more about the BBC micro:bit at the microbit website. Also see Kitronik’s resources here – Parents Complete Guide To The BBC micro:bit.