Lesson 2 – Assembling the Hellobot STEM Education Robot
Building the Basic version –
Upgrading the Basic version to include the Scoop –
Upgrading Basic version to including the Clip –
Alternate Assembly Video –
- Your next tutorial of this series is going to be, “Assembling the Hellobot STEM Education Robot”
- Check out the videos above to get started with assembly of your Smart Car STEM Education robot.
- Let’s get making!!!! Clicking on the link opens up a new window.
- You might consider slowing down the videos using the “Settings / Playback Speed” option on Youtube.
- You will need a Hellobot STEM Education Robot. You can pick one up from OzToyLib including a BBC micro:bit.
Let’s get making!!!!
Hardware Prerequisites –
- BBC micro:bit –
- This development track makes extensive use of the BBC micro:bit.
- If you haven’t purchased a BBC micro:bit yet you might want to head over to OzToyLib and pick one up now.
- We would recommend that you pick up the BBC micro:bit kit which comes with a battery pack, usb cable and the real micro:bit.
- We will be using the official online python editor to write code for all our tutorials. No investment required here.
- Robot Kit –
- You can also look up each of these products at your local electronics hobby store.
About the Hellobot STEM Education Robot –
The Hellobot STEM Education Robot requires use of a micro:bit. By writing code to get two micro:bit’s to talk to each other you can control the Hellobot remotely. These robots can also be controlled by a Bluetooth App and an Android app. When the mobile APP is close to the car, the Bluetooth is automatically connected, and the APP can be used to control the car to complete various fun and interesting gameplay. The Hellobot STEM Education Robot is really easy to assemble and can be put together in less than 60 minutes. You can use the Hellobot STEM Education Robot to introduce your child to the world of STEM and get them going with coding introducing them to the world of robotics using the micro:bit. The Hellobot STEM Education Robot is a great way to get started with the basics of coding and robotics using a flexible, affordable and easy to work with robotic platform.
About BBC micro:bit –
This development track makes extensive use of the BBC micro:bit. If you haven’t purchased a BBC micro:bit yet you might want to head over to OzToyLib and pick one up now.