Lesson 2 – Getting Started With Wearables
Getting Started With Wearables –
- FLORA is Adafruit’s wearable electronics platform designed from the ground up to provide the best experience for makers, hackers, crafters, artists, designers and engineers.
- Click on the link opens up the tutorial in a new window.
- Your next tutorial in this development track is – Getting Started With Wearables
- We’ve included links to some study videos below. We recommend you take a few minutes to go through each of them and build a better understanding of the Adafruit Flora.
- Additional reading – Check out additional Flora projects at the Adafruit website.
Here’s the list of hardware you’ll need to work on this development track :
- Adafruit FLORA board
- Adafruit NeoPixel
- Battery pack
- Conductive thread
- 3 x Crocodile Clips
About the Adafruit Flora
FLORA is Adafruit’s fully-featured wearable electronics platform. It’s a round, sewable, Arduino-compatible microcontroller designed to empower amazing wearables projects.FLORA comes with Adafruit’s support, tutorials and projects. Check out dozens of FLORA tutorials on the Adafruit Learning System, with more added all the time! The FLORA is small (1.75″ diameter, weighing 4.4 grams). The FLORA family also has the best stainless steel threads, sensors, GPS modules and chainable LED NeoPixels, perfect accessories for the FLORA main board. The FLORA has built-in USB support. Built in USB means you plug it in to program it, it just shows up – all you need is a Micro-B USB cable, no additional purchases are needed! We have a modified version of the Arduino IDE so Mac & Windows users can get started fast – or with the new 1.6.4+ Arduino IDE, it takes only a few seconds to add Flora-support. The FLORA has USB HID support, so it can act like a mouse or keyboard to attach directly to computers.