Lesson 2 – Introduction to MakeCode for the BBC micro:bit
- Your next tutorial in this development track is called, “Introduction to Microsoft MakeCode”.
- Clicking on the each of the links below opens them up in a new window.
- Let’s access the tutorial by clicking <Here>
- We would recommend reading through the tutorial and answering the questions as you step through.
- If there are concepts you do not understand or if you have any doubts please feel free to ask someone, or consider using Google to get them answered and clarified.
- We will be writing our code using the Microsoft MakeCode Block based coding editor. So let’s open up the code editor for the BBC micro:bit using the following Link.
- At the end of the tutorial are some challenges. We would encourage you to take on the challenges and enhance your learning.
- Let’s get coding!!!!
- BBC micro:bit –
- This development track makes extensive use of the BBC micro:bit.
- If you haven’t purchased a BBC micro:bit yet you might want to head over to OzToyLib and pick one up now.
- We would recommend that you pick up the BBC micro:bit kit which comes with a battery pack, usb cable and the real micro:bit.
- We will be using the official online python editor to write code for all our tutorials. No investment required here.
- BBC micro:bit Starter Kit –
- You can also look up each of these products at your local electronics hobby store.
About the BBC micro:bit –