Lesson 2 – Building the Robot
In this tutorial we will assemble the Micro:Maqueen and get it working.
However, before we get started with assembly of the robot, let’s watch the following video to understand how others have put things together their Micro:Maqueen and their views on the capabilities of the robot.
Let’s get started with the build –
Step 1 – Install the wheel
Step 2 – Stick double sided adhesive tape on the battery box
Step 3 – Connect the wires as shown.
Step 4 – Attach the battery box to the car
Step 5 – Plug your BBC micro:bit into the car
Hopefully you have been able to assemble the Micro:Maqueen. Please refer to the documentation provided if you run into issues.
- This development track makes extensive use of the BBC micro:bit.
- If you haven’t purchased a BBC micro:bit yet you might want to head over to OzToyLib and pick one up now.
- We would recommend that you pick up the BBC micro:bit kit which comes with a battery pack, usb cable and the real micro:bit.
- We will be using the official online BBC MakeCode Block editor to write code for all our tutorials. No investment required here.
- You will also need a Micro:Maqueen STEM robot to be able to work on this development track. You can pick up the Micro:Maqueen robot from OzToyLib.
- To learn more about the BBC micro:bit please visit – <Link>
- To learn more about global re-sellers of the BBC micro:bit please please visit – <Link>
- To learn more about Kitronik please visit – <Link>