Lesson 2 – Putting Together The Motor:Bit STEM Education Robot
Study Videos –
- We would recommend that you spend sometime watching the the videos listed on this page to understand how to put together the Motor:Bit STEM Education Robot.
- The first video covers the unboxing of the Motor:Bit STEM Education Robot.
- The second video covers the build of the Motor:Bit STEM Education Robot.
- The final video provides a preview of what the finally built Motor:Bit STEM Education Robot would look like once fully assembled.
- An understanding of what the BBC micro:bit, powering up the BBC micro:bit and coding the BBC micro:bit is essential knowledge to be able to continue working on rest of the tutorials in this development track. If you’ve skipped Tutorial 1 in this series we would recommend you go back and watch Tutorial 1 before proceeding.
Assembling the Motor:Bit STEM Education Robot –
- The pictures above illustrate the steps involved in putting together the Motor:Bit STEM Education Robot including what the final product should look like.
- We would recommend you view the videos on this page before you proceed with putting together the Motor:Bit STEM Education Robot.
- BBC micro:bit –
- This development track makes extensive use of the BBC micro:bit.
- If you haven’t purchased a BBC micro:bit yet you might want to head over to OzToyLib and pick one up now.
- We would recommend that you pick up the BBC micro:bit kit which comes with a battery pack, usb cable and the real micro:bit.
- We will be using the official online python editor to write code for all our tutorials. No investment required here.
- Motor:Bit STEM Education Robot –
- You can also look up each of these products at your local electronics hobby store.
About the Motor:Bit STEM Education Robot –
The Motor:bit STEM education robot is a DIY (Do It Yourself) robot based on the highly popular BBC micro:bit. The Motor:bit STEM education robot is designed to get kids introduced to the world of coding, electronics and robotics. The Motor:bit STEM education robot is recommended for kids 12+ years and older. The Motor:bit STEM education robot is designed from ground up to be an easy to easy to work with, easy to assemble robot and simply built with the aim of giving educators, parents and kids a great opportunity to get a taste of robotics, electronics and coding.
About BBC micro:bit –