Lesson 3 – Introduction to the IoT:Bit Breakout Board
- At this page you will be able access tutorials that you can perform using the Smart Science IoT Kit for BBC micro:bit.
- This tutorial covers an introduction to the IoT:Bit breakout board for the BBC micro:bit.
- We use the IoT:Bit board to connect up the various sensors to the BBC micro:bit including connecting to the internet via WiFi.
- Once connected to the internet via the IoT:Bit board you will be able to upload the data we’ve collected from the various sensors.
- Clicking on the link opens up the tutorial in a new window – Introduction to IoT:Bit Breakout Board
- If there are concepts you do not understand or if you have any doubts please feel free to ask someone, or consider using Google to get them answered and clarified.
- We will be writing our code using the Microsoft MakeCode Block based coding editor. So let’s open up the code editor for the BBC micro:bit using the following Link.
- At the end of the tutorial are some challenges. We would encourage you to take on the challenges and enhance your learning.
- Let’s get coding!!!!
- BBC micro:bit –
- This development track makes extensive use of the BBC micro:bit.
- If you haven’t purchased a BBC micro:bit yet you might want to head over to OzToyLib and pick one up now.
- We would recommend that you pick up the BBC micro:bit kit which comes with a battery pack, usb cable and the real micro:bit.
- We will be using the official online python editor to write code for all our tutorials. No investment required here.
- BBC micro:bit Starter Kit –
- You can purchase the Smart Science IoT kit through the OzToyLib store – Smart Science IoT Kit for BBC micro:bit
- Please note that the BBC micro:bit needs to be purchased separately from the Smart Science IoT Kit for BBC micro:bit
- You can purchase the Smart Science IoT Kit for BBC micro:bit at OzToyLib.
- You can also look up each of these products at your local electronics hobby store.
About the BBC micro:bit –