Lesson 3 – Programming the Raspberry Pi Smart Car Pi Car S with DragIT
- Dragit is a graphical interface to program the Pi-Car S.
- Your next tutorial of this series is going to be, “Programming the Pi Car S using Dragit”
- As part of this tutorial you will learn to program the Raspberry Pi Smart Car Pi Car S using the Dragit block based programming interface provided by SunFounder.
- You can read through a detailed version of the text based tutorial here – <Link>.
- Let’s get making!!!! Clicking on the link opens up a new window.
- You will need to have access to a Raspberry Pi Smart Car (PiCar S) for Raspberry Pi 3/2/B+ including a Raspberry Pi 3B+.
- If you haven’t purchased the Raspberry Pi Smart Car (PiCar S) for Raspberry Pi 3/2/B+ or the Raspberry Pi 3B+ yet you might want to head over and pick one up now.
- This tutorial makes extensive use of the Raspberry Pi Smart Car (PiCar S) for Raspberry Pi 3/2/B+.
- If you haven’t purchased a Raspberry Pi 3B+ yet you might want to head over and pick one up now.
- You can pick up both the Raspberry Pi 3B+ and the Raspberry Pi Smart Car (PiCar S) for Raspberry Pi 3/2/B+ at https://www.oztoylib.com.au/.
About the Raspberry Pi Smart Car (PiCar V) for Raspberry Pi 3/2/B+
The PiCar-S is an smart car robot learning kit based on Raspberry Pi. The kit comes equipped with an Ultrasonic object detection module, line following module, light detection sensor to follow the light source, smart car platform with servos, wheel, robot HAT board that fits onto the Raspberry Pi, motor driver, battery holder, etc. The new version of the PiCar-S is designed with features, comes with three whole new circuit boards and simplified wiring setup. The smart car chassis is strong and built to be durable. It is a well-designed structure, solid, durable and shatterproof. You can program the car in Python or using block based programming language. Sample Python code to control the car is provided, and you can also program and debug it with Dragit, a block based graphical interface, by just simple dragging and dropping the code blocks for complex functions.
There are many ways to control the robot remotely. You could use the application on the PC (works on any OS) to control the car. You can control the camera’s direction including seeing the images through the camera in real time. You can also perform control the car and view the camera using either a web browser including from mobile devices i.e. phones, tablets, etc. The Raspberry Pi Smart Car (PiCar V) kit for the Raspberry Pi is a great way to dive into the awesome world of robotics and build on your own STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) learning journey.
About the Raspberry Pi 3B+
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ (Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus) is the latest version of the Raspberry Pi. Just add a keyboard, mouse, display, power supply, micro SD card with installed Linux Distribution and you’ll have a fully fledged computer that can run applications from word processors and spreadsheets to games. The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ builds upon the features of its predecessors with a new, faster processor on board to increase its speed. It also features on-board WiFi and Bluetooth Low Energy capabilities to enhance the functionality and the ability to power more powerful devices over the USB ports. The latest Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ has a faster 64-bit 1.4GHz quad core processor, 1GB of RAM, faster dual-band 802.11 b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2, and significantly faster 300Mbit/s ethernet.
SunFounder is a technology company focused on Raspberry Pi and Arduino open source community development. SunFounder is committed to the promotion of open source culture, they strive to
bring the fun of electronics making to people all around the world and enable everyone to be a maker. SunFounder builds products that include learning kits, development boards, robots, sensor modules and development tools. In addition to high quality products, SunFounder also offers video tutorials to help you make your own project. You can read more about SunFounder at – https://www.sunfounder.com