Lesson 4 : Let’s Create A Compass
- This page links to all of the tutorials for the Power:Bit watch for the BBC micro:bit.
- These tutorials have been provided by the vendor and are hosted at the vendor website.
- Access the tutorial at the following link – <Tutorial>
- Clicking on the link opens up a new window.
- Look for the menu on the left hands side of the page.
- Let’s get coding!!!!
- You can purchase the Power:Bit Kit through the OzToyLib store – Power:Bit Kit for the BBC micro:bit
- You can pick one up from OzToyLib including a BBC micro:bit.
Let’s get making!!!!
- BBC micro:bit –
- This development track makes extensive use of the BBC micro:bit.
- If you haven’t purchased a BBC micro:bit yet you might want to head over to OzToyLib and pick one up now.
- We would recommend that you pick up the BBC micro:bit kit which comes with a battery pack, usb cable and the real micro:bit.
- We will be using the official online python editor to write code for all our tutorials. No investment required here.
- Power:Bit Kit –
- You can also look up each of these products at your local electronics hobby store.
About the Power:Bit Smart Watch for the BBC micro:bit – The Power:Bit watch kit for the BBC micro:bit lets you turn your BBC micro:bit into a totally awesome wearable device. The Power:Bit watch kit is really simple to put together and should take no more than 10 minutes to assemble. With the sleek watch band you can very easily turn your ideas into a neat looking smart watch.
- Program your BBC micro:bit as a pedometer and showoff your creation to the entire world or
- Program your BBC micro:bit as an activity reminder that flashes when it notices that you have been sitting down too long and now need to move around or
- Program your BBC micro:bit with a game and connect with other BBC micro:bit’s remotely in the classroom
The Power:bit button cell board is a micro expansion board and comes equipped with a buzzer. It can not only supply power to the board but is also equipped with P1, P2,GND and 3V pins which you can use to connect other electronics to your Power:Bit.
About BBC micro:bit –
This development track makes extensive use of the BBC micro:bit. If you haven’t purchased a BBC micro:bit yet you might want to head over to OzToyLib and pick one up now.