Lesson 6 – Crossword Solver
- Your next tutorial in this series is called, “Crossword Solver”.
- Get started with the tutorial by clicking here – <Link to Tutorial>
- This development track is based on the Rasbperry Pi.
- If you haven’t purchased the Raspberry Pi 4B yet please head over to our store and purchase one now.
- Depending on where you live you might also be able to pick up the Raspberry Pi 4B at your local electronics hobby store.
About the Raspberry Pi
The Raspberry Pi is a series of small single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and in developing countries. It is a capable little computer which can be used in electronics projects, and for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word processing, browsing the internet, and playing games. The original model became far more popular than anticipated, selling outside its target market for uses such as robotics.
The Raspberry Pi does not include peripherals (such as keyboards, mice and cases). However, some accessories have been included in several official and unofficial bundles. According to the Raspberry Pi Foundation, over 5 million Raspberry Pis were sold by February 2015, making it the best-selling British computer. By November 2016 they had sold 11 million units, and 12.5m by March 2017, making it the third best-selling “general purpose computer”. In July 2017, sales reached nearly 15 million.In March 2018, sales reached 19 million. Most Pis are made in a Sony factory in Pencoed, Wales; some are made in China or Japan.
You can read more about the Raspberry Pi here – RaspberryPi.org.