Lesson 8 – Bouncer Bucket
- Your next tutorial of this series is going to be, “Bouncer Bucker”
- To be able to work on the tutorial you will need to open up the following applications from your browser –
- Click here to launch Makecode Arcade which we will use to write our programs – <Makecode Arcade>
- Click here to access the tutorial – <Tutorial>
- Clicking on each of the links opens up a browser in a new window.
- Let’s get making!!!!
Here are the hardware prerequisites for this course –
- This tutorial makes extensive use of the Kittenbot Meowbit.
- If you haven’t purchased a Kittenbot Meowbit yet you might want to head over and pick one up now.
- We also recommend picking up a Kittenbot IoBit for working on electronics projects and a Kittenbot Robobit to be able to create a programmable robot.
About the Programming Games with the Kittenbot Meowbit development track –
Here’s the outcomes we will be working towards as part of this development track.
- Explore the fundamentals of computational thinking
- Explore fundamentals of programming i.e. program structure, decisions, loops, variables, etc.
- Learn how to design, create games using Makecode Arcade
- Learn how to program retro style games using a block based programming approach
- Learn Learn to work with the Kittenbot Meowbit, program the board with custom games and play them when not connected to the computer/internet
About the Kittenbot Meowbit Gaming & Development board –
The Meowbit is a card-sized graphical retro game computer with allows you coding with Makecode arcade and Python. In other words, it can combines game programming, design while presenting learners the opportunity to learn mainstream programming languages like micropython. The Meowbit is a card-sized graphical programming video game console designed for kids of all ages.
The Kittenbot Meowbit comes with a 1.8′ full-color screen, 6 x programmable buttons, 1 x buzzer, built-in light sensor, temperature sensor, SD card slot (For external storage), multiplayer connector and edge connector. A special feature of the Meowbit is the in-built edge connector which should (**no extensive testing or certification of other 3rd party expansion boards has been conducted) be compatible with most micro:bit expansion boards out there. When combined with the Kittenbot Robot:bit board you have the ability to create a programmable versatile robot in a very short time. The Kittenbot Meowbit can also be used with the Kittenbot IoBit to create different electronics projects.
If you haven’t purchased a Kittenbot Meowbit yet you might want to head over and pick one up now.