Lesson 8 – Time To Get Fashionable
Study Videos –
- Your next tutorial of this series is going to be, “Fashion Game”
- As part of this tutorial we will build an interactive game that consists of a character whom you are going to dress up.
- Think of yourself as a fashion designer who is now in charge of designing clothes i.e. pants, a cardigan or a top, scarf, a cap, shoes, etc. for a young lady or lad.
- As part of the game you will write code to allow the user (yourself in this case) to customize the costume colors, look and feel while playing the game.
- You will have the ability to customize the characters positioned on a background, play music and also make the character move around if required.
- Click here to access the tutorial – <Link>. Let’s get coding!!!!
- Clicking on the link opens up a new window.
- With the window now open you should see the tutorial as a column at the right hand side of the screen.
- Once you are done implementing the game why not try out some additional challenges. Here are some ideas –
- Let’s play a musical tune when you change one aspect of the costume.
- Try changing the background to suggest game over when the user has used up all the clothes and dressed up the character completely.
- Speak with the other kids in class and ask them for ideas on what else we might implement to challenge ourselves.
- Scratch getting started guide – <Link>