Lesson 9 – Create A Story
Study Videos –
- Your next tutorial of this series is going to be, “Create A Story”
- As part of this tutorial we will build an interactive story that consists of two or more characters who converse with each other with a story line in the background.
- Think of yourself as a movie script writer and producer where you are in charge of the script for a movie and then producing it.
- You now have the responsibility to write the script which includes two or more scenes with two or more characters in the scene.
- The characters in your story are going to have to converse with each other as they move through the enchanted forest. You will have at-least two scenes in this movie.
- Each scene starts with a new background. You are free to design additional scenes which move your characters to different location with a twist to the story.
- You will have the ability to customize the characters positioned on a background, play music, converse with each other and get your characters to move around as required.
- Click here to access the tutorial – <Link>. Let’s get coding!!!!
- Clicking on the link opens up a new window.
- With the window now open you should see the tutorial as a column at the right hand side of the screen.
- Once you are done implementing the game why not try out some additional challenges. Here are some ideas –
- Let’s play a musical tune as your characters converse with each other.
- Try changing the background to suggest story over when the the story has come to an end.
- Speak with the other kids in class and ask them for ideas on what else we might implement to challenge ourselves.
- Scratch getting started guide – <Link>