What Is the BBC micro:bit
Study Videos –
- Before we get started with coding in using the micro:bit let’s take sometime to learn about the micro:bit and what one might be able to do with it.
- The following articles will help you understand the absolute fundamentals of the BBC micro:bit.
- Clicking on the each of the links above opens them up in a new window.
- What is the BBC micro:bit
- The five minute BBC micro:bit guide
- A parents complete guide to the BBC micro:bit
- A detailed introduction to the BBC micro:bit
- Options for powering up the BBC micro:bit
- Transferring a program onto the BBC micro:bit
- Using the Microsoft makecode editor to start writing code on the BBC micro:bit
- We would recommend that you spend sometime listening to the videos listed on this page and also read through the documentation linked above.
- An understanding of what the BBC micro:bit can do combined with howto power-up and code the BBC micro:bit is essential knowledge to be able to continue working on rest of the tutorials in this development track.
- BBC micro:bit –
- This development track makes extensive use of the BBC micro:bit.
- If you haven’t purchased a BBC micro:bit yet you might want to head over to OzToyLib and pick one up now.
- We would recommend that you pick up the BBC micro:bit kit which comes with a battery pack, usb cable and the real micro:bit.
- We will be using the official online python editor to write code for all our tutorials. No investment required here.
- BBC micro:bit Starter Kit –
- You can also look up each of these products at your local electronics hobby store.
About the Robit STEM Education Robot –
About BBC micro:bit –