STEM // Links
- Smithsonian Science Education Centre – STEM Resources
- Science Buddies
- Ok Go Sandbox
- NASA Space STEM
- Young Minds Inspired – STEM Activities
- Microsoft STEM Activities
- ABC Education
- PBS Learning Media
- Science Week Australia
- Khan Academy
- Bebras Australia
- Stem.Org.Uk – STEM learning resources for educators, parents, code clubs
STEM Learning Resources
- Design games, animation, interactive programs with Scratch from MIT
- BBC Makecode – Program the BBC micro:bit : The board to start your STEM learning journey with. Code, make, build, learn electronics, explore robotics, etc. Imagination is the only limit.
- mBlock IDE – Code in Scratch, Learn electronics with the Arduino, Program mBlock Robots
- Python programming with blocks using Edublocks
- MakeCode Arcade – Design your own games : Create games for miniature consoles like the Kittenbot Meowbit.
- MakeCode for Circuit Playground Express – Design and code with the Circuit Playground Express from Adafruit
- MakeCode for Chibitronics Chip : Explore paper circuits and basics of electronics with the Chibitronics Chip board.
- MakeCode for the Lego Mindstorms : Code, make, create with LEGO and Makecode
- Microsoft Makecode – Creating engaging computer science learning experiences that support a progression path into real-world programming
- Program your Arduino and learn fundamentals of electronics
- 3D printing with TinkerCAD
Online Coding Editors & Development Platforms
Youtube STEM Channels
- Blockly Games : Block coding for 5-7 year olds
- Codemonkey (Free, Commercial) : Coffeescript
- Makecode Minecraft (Free) : Code, create and play with your own creations within the world of Minecraft.
- Code.org – Hour of code (Free) : Free coding resources covering a host of platforms.
- Tynker (Free, Commercial) : Commercial coding resources for kids.
Online Coding Platforms
- GIST – The Girls In STEM Toolkit
- SciGirls @ PBS Media
- Girls In Tech @ Digital Technologies Hub Australia
- Tech Girls – STEM Resources
- Code Like A Girl
- Made With Code by Google
- PC4G // Programming Challenge For Girls
- STEM Camp for Girls by University Of Wollongong, Australia
- Girls Programming Network @ University Of Sydney
- Girls and Women in STEM – Smithsonian Science Education Center
STEM Challenges & Opportunities for Girls
Hands on STEM Activities – Coding, Electronics, Robotics, etc.
- Beanz – Kids, Code, Computer Science
- Careers With STEM – STEM Careers website
- SMORE Magazine – Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math
- Double Helix – Technology, Science, Engineering, Math
- MagPi – The Raspberry Pi Magazine (Free)
- HackSpace – Magazine for hackers (Free)
- MicroMag – The micro:bit community magazine (Free)
- eBooks from the Raspberry Pi Foundation (Free)
STEM Magazines & Books
Engineering Learning / Activities
Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org if you stumble across anything worth including here.