Lesson 1 – What is the BBC micro:bit
Study Videos –
- Before we get started with coding in using the micro:bit let’s take sometime to learn about the micro:bit and what one might be able to do with it.
- The following articles will help you understand the absolute fundamentals of the BBC micro:bit.
- Clicking on the each of the links above opens them up in a new window.
- What is the BBC micro:bit
- The five minute BBC micro:bit guide
- A parents complete guide to the BBC micro:bit
- A detailed introduction to the BBC micro:bit
- Options for powering up the BBC micro:bit
- Transferring a program onto the BBC micro:bit
- Using the Microsoft makecode editor to start writing code on the BBC micro:bit
- We would recommend that you spend sometime listening to the videos listed on this page and also read through the documentation linked above.
- An understanding of what the BBC micro:bit can do combined with howto power-up and code the BBC micro:bit is essential knowledge to be able to continue working on rest of the tutorials in this development track.
- This tutorial makes extensive use of the BBC micro:bit.
- If you haven’t purchased a BBC micro:bit yet you might want to head over and pick one up now.
- We would recommend that you pick up the BBC micro:bit, BBC micro:bit breakout board and a breadboard.
- The BBC micro:bit breakout board and breadboard makes working with the BBC micro:bit a lot easier.
- This tutorial is based on the SparkFun Inventor’s Kit for the BBC Micro:Bit.
- We will be using the official BBC MakeCode editor to write code for all our tutorials.