Lesson 03 – Programming Your OTTO Robot
As part of this lesson we will learn how to program the OTTO Robot.
You can program the OTTO DIY robot using a couple of different approaches. They are as follows:
Using Blockly (Beginner, Intermediate users): You can use a block based programming interfaces (designed by the inventors of OTTO DIY) to program the robot.
- This interface is based on blockly.
- You can access the Blockly interface here – Otto Blockly
- If you prefer using a block based approach to programming we would recommend using Otto Blockly.
Using Arduino IDE (Advanced Users): You can also program the OTTO DIY robot using the Arduino IDE. This interface is recommended for advanced users only.
Here’s what the creators have to say about OTTO Blockly.
- Take the following course (OTTO DIY website) to learn how to program the OTTO DIY robot : Learning to code OTTO @ Otto School
- You can access the Blockly interface here – OTTO Blockly
- See the instructional video below by the creator of OTTO DIY who offers an in-depth video tutorial on using OTTO Blockly.
If you rather use the Arduino IDE to program the robot then head over to the following link and download the Arduino IDE – <Arduino IDE>
- Take the following course (OTTO DIY website) to learn how to program the OTTO DIY robot : Learning to code OTTO with Arduino IDE@ Otto School
- See the instructional video below by the creator of OTTO DIY who offers an in-depth video tutorial on using Arduino IDE to program the OTTO DIY robot.
If you are looking for additional technical documentation on the OTTO DIY or need to download, print the 3D parts for the robot please head over to – https://wikifactory.com/+OttoDIY/otto-diy.
What is OTTO DIY – Otto is completely open source, Arduino compatible, 3D printable robot which you can put together yourself. This is robotics and opensource at it’s best. The robot was designed by Camilloa Parra as a social impact mission to create an inclusive environment for all kids. Learn more about OTTO DIY at www.ottodiy.com.